We all have our idiosyncrasies. Here are some of mine.
1. I love to sing. A lot. And have a hard time doing it when other people are around. For my 30th birthday, I took a voice class and for our showcase, we sang in front of people as an opening group for an international bluegrass musician. It was terrifying, but kind of relieving.
2. Wearing Xmittens makes me feel like Wonder Woman. Sometimes when I speak to a customer at a show, I put them on and pretend to be Wonder Woman. You know, bouncing bullets off my wrists in a kung fu stance. I totally amuse myself.
3. I’m a vegetarian that doesn’t like to talk about it anymore. It’s too hard to explain to people who have a different opinion and I hate when people preach about things.
4. I’m not sure if I want kids. I just don’t know!
5. In my opinion, gallery art shows are mostly boring. Oops! Did I say that? I think visual art is in a weird, boring place that makes it hard to leave my studio to go see it in a gallery. I’d rather make my own and then wear it later on.
6. I LOVE classic rock. Gimme big hair, electric guitars and strange-looking British men and I turn it up!
7. I have had 8 job titles and worked in the same building since 2002 at two different non-profit arts organizations.
8. I watch reality TV more than anyone should.
9. I had dreams I would be hit by a car walking across the street for two weeks before it actually happened. Strange, right?!
10. I consider myself a brave person. I think facing one’s fears is the best thing we can do especially when one is prone to anxiety like I am. My best friend once said “If you have to choose, choose the braver thing to do.” The best advice ever.
What do you like about yourself that others might not know? Go ahead, post some here.